1) Use the long distance phone app, Pair. Read about it here.
2) Make plans to spend holidays together, especially the major ones.
3) Take lots of pictures when you are together.
4) Create two 12-month calendars with each month featuring your pictures. Share one with your mate.
5) Designate a day and time when you talk to each other without interruptions (cell phones, kids, television, etc.) - enjoy some qtt (quality talk time).
6) Stay in touch using social media – my favorite.
7) Take turns visiting each other. Try meeting halfway or somewhere new.
8) Send care packages. Add something fun or unexpected in the box, like chocolate chip cookies.
9) Call. If no one is home, leave a charming message.
10) Write love letters and mail them.
11) Record a video message and send it via email.
12) Meet on Skype for a show-and-tell.
13) When you do see each other, prepare a meal together and choose an intimate setting to enjoy it at such as a patio/balcony. Don't worry about the mess in the kitchen.
Do you have anything to add to this list?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants